Advice Services Supervisor
Location: Citizens Advice East Berkshire Offices (some hybrid working is possible)
Hours: Full-time 37 hours per week (flexible for the right candidate)
Salary range: £28,350 FTE per annum DOE
Type of Contract: Permanent
At Citizens Advice, we’ve been solving life’s problems for over 80 years. We support our local community with expert free, independent, confidential, and impartial advice.
Serving the people of Bracknell, the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, and Slough, last year we supported over 8,400 people securing £3.6 million of financial benefit. We know more people want our help and, at present, we are only able to meet some of the demand.
We are ambitious to do more. We are proud of our investment in our infrastructure, service, and people.
Citizens Advice East Berkshire is seeking an Advice Services Supervisor to join our dedicated team. As a vital part of our organisation, you will play a key role in supervising our advice service, ensuring positive outcomes for our community members.
As an Advice Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising advice sessions, supporting our team of advisers and caseworkers, and ensuring the quality of advice meets national standards. This role involves case checking, maintaining quality assurance, and supporting individuals with significant needs. You will collaborate closely with professional and voluntary sector partners, contributing to the overall success of our service.
We are advertising for a full-time position but would be open to a combination of part-time hours for suitable candidates. This role is predominantly working from Citizens Advice East Berkshire Offices but some hybrid working will be possible. We will provide a suitable laptop, telephony, and headset. This role is a permanent position.
The closing date for this role is 17th December 2023 at 23:59. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible!
Interviews will be arranged for the week commencing 18th December 2023 with an estimated start date of 29th January 2024, though we are looking for the postholder/s to start as soon as possible.
To be successful, we would like to you to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of delivering advice and casework, particularly on the subjects of welfare benefits and debt advice, in person and remotely.
- Experience of supervising others, preferably in the provision of advice work.
- Experience of quality assurance work, maintaining quality to set standards and providing coaching and feedback.
- Commitment to achieving the best outcomes for clients through delivery of high-quality advice and casework.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, using systems effectively, prioritise appropriately, and enable timely responses to client needs.
- Able to demonstrate good communication, listening skills and empathy to respond appropriately to challenging behaviour.
- Able to demonstrate adaptability, to manage different situations calmly and professionally.
- Ability to work independently, with the confidence to ask for help from the wider team and be proactive in managing challenges.
- Able to effectively and confidently use IT systems as a core element of day-to-day work, including case management. debt and benefits calculations.
- Self-awareness to enable giving and receiving feedback; and constructive engagement to achieve development goals.
- Willingness to carry out role in a main office and other locations to meet service delivery needs.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service, including its equality and diversity policies, and research and campaigning role.
- To provide evidence as appropriate of any research and campaign issues.
- Ability to contribute to an inventive, responsible and generous organisation and team culture, sharing tasks and supporting organisation goals.
- Ability to utilise a range of reference resources.
We welcome diversity both in our people and our thinking.
Interviews will be arranged as they are received for suitable candidates and the openings will close upon successful appointment, so it is advised applications are submitted promptly to avoid disappointment.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and a basic DBS check is required for this role.
If you would like to find out more about any of our roles, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a job pack and application form please see below. Once complete, please send your application to email@example.com. For an informal and confidential discussion about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that Citizens Advice is not a sponsoring organisation. Therefore the successful applicant must already possess the right to work in the UK.
Please also note, in the event of a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the application early.