Research and Campaigns Volunteer Position
Location: Citizens Advice East Berkshire offices with hybrid work from home option
Hours: We can be flexible about the time you volunteer so come and talk to us
Citizens Advice is the largest advice provider in the UK. By joining us you become part of a highly respected advice network dedicated to working to improve the lives of people in our community.
Citizens Advice East Berkshire has a long and successful local history; with over 140 years’ experience between our offices, providing a service for around 7,000 local residents, and resolving over 35,000 issues every year. We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join us as a Research and Campaigns Volunteer.
Our team is looking for someone to help drive forward our Research and Campaigns Strategy, support our Trustees, internal teams, and play a role in local, regional and national research and campaigning activities alongside our wider Citizens Advice colleagues.
What will you do:
- Complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role.
- Provide support and guidance to advisers to enable them to identify suitable cases for research and campaign work.
- Undertake research and collect relevant data.
- Help analyse completed Evidence Forms to identify patterns or trends that may require further research and/or campaign action.
- Help give feedback to advisers and managers on completed Evidence Forms.
- Stay abreast of key local and national research and campaign/social policy work.
- Participate in local and national research and campaigns.
- Contribute to the maintenance of our research and campaign records.
- Review the effectiveness of existing research and campaign work.
- Identify new research and campaign initiatives based on local intelligence.
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills, but you’ll need to:
- Be friendly and approachable.
- Respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to understand complex information and explain it (verbally and writing) so that others understand it.
- Have a positive attitude towards research and campaigns, keeping up to date with current issues, and sharing your knowledge.
- Have good IT skills.
- Be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection.
- Be willing to undertake training in your role.
Read the full job description here.
We welcome diversity both in our people and our thinking.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and a basic DBS check is required for this role.
If you would like to find out more about any of our volunteering roles, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.